22 January 2008

Calm Down?

I know that I'm guilty. Sometimes I get so excited by what God is doing in my life that I want everyone else to catch up to where I am. The Holy Spirit shows me something and I want to pass it on. Maybe I can drag others up to the High Places! Gee, this suddenly sounds prideful. Am I implying that I'm better than someone else because of my experiences?

Kyrie Elieson!

It is not anything amazing to have our minds constantly turned toward God, but to consider ourselves the worst sinners takes courage.

We should encourage other believers to live fully for God, to seek after Christ with all their heart, and to be filled with the Holy Spirit. But what if that seeminly "weak" Christian is exactly where God wants them at this time? I shouldn't expect someone to be where I am after 38 years when they are 23.
I will continue to rejoice in the greatness of God, but in my personal encounters, be patient with those who are on the path of salvation.
"BRETHREN, if a man is overtaken in any trespass, you who are spiritual restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness, considering yourself lest you also be tempted. Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ. For if anyone thinks himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceives himself. But let each one examine his own work, and then he will have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another. For each one shall bear his own load." (Gal 6:1-5 NKJV)

No comments: