25 November 2007

Confessions of a smart ass

"When the right and opportune moment comes for speaking, say something that will edify. "
~Thomas a' Kempis, Imitation of Christ

It's so easy for me to insult people or make crude comments. Often easier than thanking or complimenting them. I've become more conscious of this bad attitude and will be making an effort to bless rather than curse. I work in a garage with auto mechanics who say some rathings, and I'll admit that I can keep up with them. Through prayer and watchfulness I will make a change.

Jesus, you said that it is what comes out of a man that defiles him. Lord, I am a man of unclean lips living in the midst of an unclean people. My tongue is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison, capable of nullifying the good that I do. Help me to keep my tongue free from evil and my lips from speaking deceit. Help me to guard my ways, Lest I sin with my tongue. You said that the lips of the righteous feed many--help me to provide a feast not a dung heap. Amen

No comments: