30 October 2007

Sacred Heart Rosary



I love going through old prayer books and finding different devotions. Here's one to the Sacred heart of Jesus that uses the Rosary...

Sacred Heart

Rosary of the Sacred Heart of Jesus

On the Cross: Anima Christi

Soul of Christ, sanctify me
Body of Christ, save me
Blood of Christ, inebriate me
Water from Christ's side, wash me
Passion of Christ, strengthen me
O good Jesus, hear me
Within Thy wounds hide me
Suffer me not to be separated from Thee
From the malicious enemy defend me
In the hour of my death call me
And bid me come unto Thee
That I may praise Thee with Thy saints
and with Thy angels
Forever and ever
Amen

On the larger beads: Jesus meek and humble of heart, make my heart like Thine.

On the small beads: Sweet heart of my Jesus, make me love Thee ever more and more.

At the end of ten: Sweet heart of Mary, be my salvation.

Conclusion

May the Sacred Heart of Jesus be everywhere loved.
Sacred Heart of Jesus, have mercy on us.
Sweet Heart of Mary, be my salvation.
Our Lady of the Sacred Heart, pray for us.
St. Joseph, friend of the Sacred Heart, pray for us.

Prayer

O dearest Jesus! Accept this little chaplet which we humbly offer in honor of Thy Sacred Heart, renewing our solemn consecration with the resolution of repairing by an increase of love all the outrages It receives in the Adorable Sacrament of the Altar. Amen.

No comments: